Saturday, May 19, 2012

WWE Over The Limit 2012 Predictions


I have to be honest and say that I'm not really pumped for this card. WWE has seemingly lost all of the post-Brock and post-Mania momentum it had going for it and this card feels more like filler than anything else. WWE is definitely saving all of it's big stuff for Summerslam, so we get stuck with this. I can't imagine anything ground breaking on this show but I do expect a title change just for the heck of it. So without further adue...

Pre-Show: Zack Ryder vs Kane
- I really feel bad for Zack Ryder, I really do. He put in alot of work and achieved the hard task of getting over in the WWE environment. However, by doing this, he also doomed himself. WWE does not like wrestlers getting over without their help. See Daniel Bryan if you don't believe me. If WWE does not make you, you might as well not even try. Even though Zack got over on his own, he's paid for it. He was involved in the awful Cena/Eve storyline and had so much damage done to him during that storyline that I don't think he can eve recover from it. He's not as over as he was before that storyline and I don't think he will be again. Meanwhile, Kane is big and old. I'm picking Kane.

WINNER: Kane

Women's title: Layla vs Beth Phoenix
- I'm not going to waste a paragraph on this. Hopefully Kong comes back and takes care of buisness.

WINNER:  Not the arena's water bill, Hopefully Kong, surely the concession stands' sales and possibly Beth Phoenix.

WWE Tag Titles - Kofi Kingston and R-Truth vs Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger
- Hey, these guys are actually going to be on the show? I'll believe it when I see it. It's kind of hard to pick between make shift teams in the purgatory that is the WWE's tag division, but I'll try. Either way, it really doesn't matter who wins and all of these people should hope they lose to get out of the sorry division.

WINNERS: Kingston and Truth(No New-Nation cracks please!)

World Heavyweight Championship: Chris Jericho vs Sheamus vs Randy Orton vs Alberto Del Rio
- I called this one actually. Okay, maybe I was wrong on one or two of the competitors, but I knew there was going to be a multi-man match of some sort. Basically, this match is here to keep everyone busy while the storylines are changed up after Mania. It's hard to pick a winner here as everyone except Jericho could use the W. Orton hasn't been relevant for a while, so something's gotta give there. Del Rio and Sheamus are both guys receiving pushes based on WWE's love for them, not the fans. With Jericho, we know he is going away, so it's unlikely he will win.

WINNER: I'm thinking Sheamus will get the win over ADR in order to continue his push and to keep the even-steven booking going strong.


WWE Championship - Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk
- No, you are not imagining it. DB and Punk are going to be fighting for a world title on ppv. Okay, so they will probably be opening the show, but it's still a step up for serious wrestling. This one is kind of hard to pick. Bryan's still riding momentum from his sudden popularity and Punk is pretty established these days. I'm tempted to pick Punk on this since WWE is willing to do whatever it takes to get the crowd against DB and to kill his popularity.

WINNER: CM Punk

Anyone who interferes is fired, and if  Laurinitis loses he is fired - John Cena vs John Laurinaitis
- Main Event time...seriously. It's 2012 and we are still doing authority angles straight out of 1997. I have to feel bad for Tensai here as I know this was his spot that got taken away due to him not getting over at all. It's really hard to recover from stupid gimmicks and Tensai is the latest casulty of that. This match is really just a backdrop to get Teddy Long back in the mix, so the winner is obvious:

WINNER: John Cena. I just hope they dont have Ace whoop on him like Cole/Lawler from last year's Mania.

No comments :

Post a Comment