Tuesday, November 14, 2017

UWFi 10/08/1994 - Big Van Vader and John Tenta vs Kazuo Yamazaki and Gary Albright

UWFi 10/08/1994 - Big Van Vader and John Tenta vs Kazuo Yamazaki and Gary Albright



"3 big guys with Yamazaki thrown in on the side. Should be pretty interesting." - Gary Albright
"I can't wait for the singles match, because Vader, that strap will be mine one day."

"Very confident feeling and I think we're gonna do well." - Tenta
"I put my mind to it and searched the world over. Big John Tenta was the man." - Vader
"We will be victorious. There isn't a team in the world that can stop us." - Vader | Well, you got my vote, Vader.




I haven't even seen this team wrestle yet and I want them to have a 1,000 tag team title reign











"Let me start! Let me start!"  - Tenta







The finish


Gary Albright beat Big Van Vader with an armbar. This was 17:54 long but there was definitely some clipping. The crowd was really hot, especially for Yamazaki and Vader. The monster team picked on Yamazaki for most of the match, beating him down with him doing some kick combo's to get back in the match. Albright was barely in this at all, until the comeback, which did make sense but it robbed us of some hoss vs hoss highlights. I loved the hosses throwing each other around of course, but Tenta didn't quite have shoot style figured out and this really needed another 5 minutes or so. It was straight and to the point, but could have been better. Vader and Tenta are a really cool team and it would have been awesome to see them in All Japan.

1 comment :

  1. I totally agree with you. And these two would have dominated FAR better then when Vader and Bam Bam Bigelow held the IWGP tag team championship together.

    ReplyDelete